Monday, July 26, 2004

The Great Mississippi River Fishing Caper, Road Trip 2004...part 6

There is a section where fish species are noted in two categories. You can eat one fish a week from each section. Pollution.
Good-bye Mississippi River. I put Bob Dylan’s Highway 61 Revisited in and started singing back homeward.
Jared flew back on the expressway, going so fast I could barely keep up. In Janesville he missed the Rte 14 detour and we ended up in a minimansion area, then on a rural road, back to a four-lane, up onto I-90, down on a six-lane, and finally back to 14.
Three hours later we arrive at his place and he says, “I think that was the fastest I ever drove that stretch.” I told him he was a maniac and thanked him before I left for Grayson City. Jeff was going home with me and he needed clean clothes. I met his new dog, Snoopy, a gorgeous short hair, mostly white with black spots. It had worms. All puppies do?
I called my honey and told him Jeff was coming home with me and that man, after doing a 12-hour workday, had a surprise hot wing dinner with potato babies and honeydew chunks ready for us when we arrived shortly before 11 p.m.
We were famished and very tired. What a man. What a mighty good man. How lucky I am!
Great adventure. Fun caper. A one-time shot and we did it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home